Welcome - Do You Accept the Challenge?

As a photographer of horses...I am always running across images that I have taken that don't work for me as photographs, but I think could make wonderful inspiration for other Equine artists. So I have started this blog as a place to post these images and see if there are any of you out there wanting to take on the challenge. All of these are open to your own interpretation and be aware that others are free to use the images as well. there is no time limit on the challenge. I only ask that you give me photo credit if you decide to show or sell the work you have created, and I would love to see them as well. I would be happy to post jpegs of the work you do here on the blog with the reference photo in a new post. This way we all get to share in your vision. If you need a larger jpeg emailed to you contact me and I will send you one.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

1st Challenge Images - Doc







I have always felt that these images would make for wonderful paintings. Hopefully some of you may agree.

10 comments:

Julie Greig NZ Painter said...

I totally agree - he has such a beautiful eye.

Could I paint him one day? Would definitely give you the photo credit!

Juliet said...

Julie - They are here to be available for you guys to paint. So you are welcome to. If you do...I want to see! If you want ta large jpeg emailed to you, just let me know which one.

Julie Greig NZ Painter said...

Hi Juliet,

so far, I really like 7528 - with his head down. It's about 4.88mb, probably enough to work from. I have never painted a cut-off head before, so it'll be interesting to see the comments! Of course you'll see it - and I'll write you on the back as the photo credit - with your website too - ok? I've got some others to paint first, so it might be a few weeks before it's finished.

Very amazing to be working from one of YOUR photos! a real priviledge, thank you.

all the best,
Julie

Juliet said...

Julie - I can't wait to see what you do with it. Have fun!

Doc has a long story that I can tell you some day of you want. He was a very special horse.

Juliet

Karen McLain said...

What a fun thing to do! Thanks Juliet-I can't wait to paint!

Ruth Andre said...

Juliet, What a great website and what a great idea to have Doc's photo available to paint. I hope to paint Doc too. Thank-you!

Olga Wagner said...

That is so cool... Thank you very much for letting us use your great photos!!!

Juliet said...

This really is fun for me too. I love seeing my photos become paintings and drawings. Think I will be posting some work horses next. Yay for the drafts.Then everyone gets to play with harness details!

LLMartin said...

I stumble over your blog through link love by one of my blog followers for my blog Sunnymondays.blogspot.com. Ive been looking for a sorce for draft horses. Im going to try a few you have here and let you know how it turns out. Thanks. ~LindaLMartinArtist

Juliet said...

Linda - Go for it. And have fun. I look forward to seeing what you do.